Pitcairn Coat of Arms The Government of the

online portal
Pitcairn Island
Pitcairn Flag


Do I need a visa to visit Pitcairn?

There is no need for prior entry clearance if your visit is for 14 days or less and you intend to arrive and depart on the same vessel, and you may obtain leave to enter on arrival at Pitcairn. You must ensure you can adequately maintain and accommodate yourself without recourse to public funds and meet the other criteria in Part III Para 6 of the Immigration Control Ordinance 2014.

If your visit is for longer than 14 days but less than 6 months you must complete an entry clearance application form well in advance of your visit (at least 3 months is recommended). The application form should be submitted electronically to the Pitcairn Immigration Officer on immigration@pitcairn.gov.pn and copied to the Pitcairn Islands Office on admin@pitcairn.gov.pn. If you do not get an acknowledgement within 2 weeks, telephone on (649) 366 0186 to confirm your application has been received.

If your visit is for professional or business reasons, you should follow the same visa application procedure but the conditions for any visit to the island will be as described in Part III Para 8 of the Immigration Control Ordinance 2014.

Do I need a visa to work on Pitcairn?

Yes. If you have not been granted a settlement visa and are not a permanent resident of Pitcairn you need to obtain written permission from the Island Council before taking up paid employment or entering business on Pitcairn. More info at Para 16 of the Immigration Control Ordinance 2014.

Do I need a visa to live on Pitcairn?

Yes. If you are the spouse or dependent child of a Pitcairn resident or you wish to join other family members settled or residing there you may qualify for settlement. If you do not have any family ties but you meet the criteria set out in Para 12(3) of the Immigration Control Ordinance 2014, you may also apply for settlement.Please see our immigration pages for details.

March 2018

Relevant documents:
Immigration Control Ordinance 2014
Entry clearance application form
Settlement application form